Jing, OmniGraffle, Snow Leopard

Sunday, September 20, 2009
First there was email, then there was the Instant Message, the Voice Chat, Voice Over IP and now Video Chat and YouTube. Now, there is screen capturing and video conferencing.

I am so excited about my recent discovery. Jing.com allows users to capture, narrate and explain from their computer screens in five minute flash videos for free! The free version allows users to upload their video Screencast.com and share it with the world via a link, embedded on their blog, or via an email. Pretty cool stuff if you ask me.

I personally have invested the $14.95 per year for the paid version which allows users to save videos to MPEG-4 formats and edit them in iMovie, QuickTime (on Snow Leopard) and upload videos to YouTube. The paid for version also allows a user to capture screen views and has webcam capabilities built in. (This is a really nice feature for presentations and tutorials.)

I'm pretty excited about my discovery so I am going to give you all a quick tutorial of my new favorite program, OmniGraffle. (Think MS Visio but for your Mac and with some awesome features.) I am still learning OmniGraffle, so I thought it would be fun to show a video of some of Jing's capabilities while narrating.

I'd also like to offer some congrats to Apple with the release of Snow Leopard. I purchased Snow Leopard this weekend and I've seen a big improvement overall of my MacBook's performance. I love the new QuickTime and I keep discovering tiny little cool things built into the new OS I was not expecting. So yay Apple!





0 comments:

Post a Comment