2L Day 2

Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Embarked on my second day of law school today and to my surprise it all went pretty smoothly. I was able to sleep in and enjoy the comforts of 2L life without any hiccups. Made it to class, avoided getting called on and then headed to Borders for a copy of Lawrence Lessig's Free Culture and Remix (both of which are available for free to download on his website). Lawrence Lessig is the creator of Creative Commons and an interesting read for any student of Copyright and Trademark law. He makes some interesting arguments surrounding the life of a copyright, free access vs. creator rights argument.

[gallery]

You're probably wondering why I am switching blog sites again. Well, to be honest, I really was getting annoyed with some of the features of Blogger and couldn't stand that I couldn't update my blog from anywhere with iWeb - so I am going to try out WordPress - which doesn't mean I won't just switch back in a few months. Don't hate me. I try to be consistent, but curiosity often gets the best of me.

On that note, I love blogging and I want to be able to do it from anywhere (my iPhone, the library, a friend's computer, etc.) The idea of having to wait until I am sitting at my Macbook just frustrates me and the idea of posting on Blogger frustrates me even more. Don't misunderstand me, I love many of the features of Blogger, but I have the photo posting formatting. I'm a stickler for formatting - as you'd know if you've ever borrowed notes from me or seen me mapping out a flow chart.

Did I ever mention I was a flow chart addict? I think flow charts are a great way to visualize the big pictures without having to know all the details. My greatest recommendation to any incoming law student is to know what your strengths are and to stick with them. My greatest strength is "big picture" flow charts. I'll post some of my favorite charts that I learned the most from later.

Additionally, I also find the CALI lessons extremely helpful for broad knowledge, not so much in depth knowledge. I like to take the CALI quizzes after outlining a section to see what I've learned from outlining. By the way, an outline is exactly that - an outline of the entire course that law students make before finals to study all the rules, cases, etc. of a subject. Ok, at this point I'm realizing this post lacks a lot of focus. It's a little bit too late to be writing. I'll focus my thoughts and save them for another post. Needless to say, I had a great day 2 of my 2L career!

0 comments:

Post a Comment